Rinse empty packages with cold water if needed. Remove the cap or lid from the rest of the package and sort into collection separately. Only pack packages of the same plastic type inside each other. Plastic packaging can be placed in the collection container as loose items or packed in a plastic bag.
- plastic food packaging, e.g. yoghurt containers, packages for cold cuts and convenience food
- detergent, shampoo and soap packaging
- plastic bottles, canisters and jars
- plastic caps and lids from packaging
- plastic carriers, bags and wrappers
- cellular plastic packaging (polystyrene)
- dirty packaging
- PVC packaging (marked 03 or 3)
- packaging that contained lubricating oil, e.g. motor oil packaging
- other plastic products, e.g. toys
- plastic packaging generated in business operations
In Finland, packaging waste, i.e. plastic, metal, carton and glass packaging, is subject to producer responsibility, according to which the packaging manufacturers and importers have an obligation to arrange the recycling of these products at their own expense. In Finland, the producer responsibility association for packaging is Finnish Packaging Recycling RINKI Ltd.
Rinki collects packaging at Rinki eco take-back points all over Finland. Find your nearest collection points on the rinkiin.fi website. Packaging waste is also collected at the waste collection points of apartment building and terraced house properties in accordance with the waste management regulations.